What can I do if a posted rental contract appears to have an open payment despite the payment being posted in the Cashbook and General Ledger?
Process the Finish Rental Wizard and click the Create Customer Payment button (Payment Method – ‘Cash’ for $0.00). This will change the Deposit Payment status to Posted (in Rental Counter) so that it no longer appears on the report.
The customer (Cash or Account) can only be changed on a rental contract if:
- The parameter ‘Allow Changes of Customer Code on Rental Contracts’ is enabled
- The rental contract is in ‘CURRENT’ or ‘DELIVERY’ status
- The rental contract does not have any deposits/payments
- The rental contract has not been billed
The user security group must also have access to the ‘ChangeCustomerCode’ option.
If the rental contract status is ‘CURRENT’, the charging of stock items is governed by the billing options on the Stock Master, irrespective of whether the stock detail line has been delivered.
- ‘At the Progress Stage’ – The item will be billed only on the next progress or cycle bill after the item is added to the contract
- ‘At the End of Rental’ – The item will be billed after all the item are returned and the final invoice is created (don’t return the sales item)
- ‘At Each Invoice (cont.)’ – This will charge the item even if it is the only billable item left on the contract
- ‘At Each Rental Invoice’ – The stock item will be billed every time a rental invoice is generated if there are other items to be billed from the contract
Prebill reports should be checked as the billing for stock items will always appear on these reports prior to creation of the invoice.
The ‘Use DW Maintenance form’ parameter controls if the checkbox displays on the rental contract screen. If enabled customer specific damage waiver information can be configured using the Damage Waiver maintenance screen from the Customer Master Views menu. Different damage waiver percentages can be configured for different states if required. The system determines the state of a rental contract by taking the branch of the user and then checks the Fleet_Branch parameter ‘State’ for that branch to see which State the branch is linked to. If the damage waiver value isn’t different for different states select ALL in the State drop down when configuring the Damage Waiver.
The Damage Waiver % drop down list on the rental contract will show all percentages that are available for the state of the user and the percentage entered in the Fleet_Branch parameter ‘DW_Percent’.
When new rental contracts are created the Damage Waiver % will default to the value in the ‘DW_Percent’ parameter first. It will change to the relevant percentage entered in the Damage Waiver Maintenance screen if the Default Damage Waiver checkbox is checked.
The Damage Waiver, DW Percentage and DW Review Date fields on the Customer Site screen will be locked and the damage waiver checkbox will be hidden on the Rental Contract screen.